Monday, January 23, 2006

Black(berry) Death

With iPods being passe nowadays, Sony PSP's looking nerdy and cell phones being so yesterday, what will DCites do now to look important AND pass time when their significant other leaves the table for a tinkle break without their Blackberry? As many e-mail addicted yuppies found out today, their beloved Blackberries may be shut down as soon as February. I can't count how many people I see on the Metro repeatedly checking the Blackberry. With the frequency some people I've watched check their e-mails, it makes me wonder if that person is really Donald Rumsfeld in a 26 year old J. Crew and Burberry scarf clad disguise monitoring up to the second updates in Iraq. In all likelihood, it's someone checking to see what the latest hilarious forwarded Top 10 blonde jokes are. Mustn't let that gem sit in the inbox overnight... At least the feds get to keep their Crackberries. Not that I could ever get issued one (stupid high security environment). Maybe that's why I'm always bitter when I see them used. So jealous.

4 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

I desire a new Treo. I just can't (yet) justify the purchase. Blackberries, however, I can live without.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger The Virginian said...

If Treo's catch on in Blackberries wake, I'll hate them too. Just because my job won't buy me one. I'm not sure I'd even want my work e-mail to follow me home.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Isn't the irony of the potential Gov't exception to the injunction just painful?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger The Virginian said...

It kills me! As if contracts weren't bad enough, they have to dangle this injunction in front of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home