Sunday, February 12, 2006

George Bush Doesn't Care About Black Puppets

Friday was a day that will go down in infamy for fans of quality television. Arrested Development was aired by FOX for the last time in a glorious 2 hour block of hilarity. I was a late comer to this show, but got addicted quick. I just can't understand why this show didn't catch on with a mainstream audience. The jokes really aren't that hard to get, and sometimes are even silly, which the average American Idol viewer should have found laugh out loud funny. Now I'm stuck hoping Showtime or some other cable network picks it up. Anyone that Tivoed the last two hours is in for a treat. The puppet wearing the "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black Puppets" gag was a riot. Some other classic lines from the show:

Tobias, referring to his Speedo and shorts: Excuse me, do these effectively hide my thunder?

Michael: So, this is the magic trick, huh?
Gob: Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money ... [he realizes kids are present] ... or candy!"

Maeby: You get to miss school for that?
Narrator: And that's when Maeby decided to become a devout Christian.
Maeby: Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold necklaces with a 'T' on it?
Michael: That's a cross.
Maeby: Across from where?

And there are at least a hundred other great quotes from this show. At least I have The Office to look forward to every week. I like to think that Arrested Development was regularly watched by a decent amount of people, but looking at the ratings, that's probably a little optimistic. Thank god the networks are getting rid of the ratings "garbage" and replacing it with gems like Courting Alex. And isn't Joe Piscopo due for another attempt at a prime time sitcom? Is anyone else as broken up as I am over this?

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger RoarSavage said...

I'm jealous. I don't have TV.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger The Virginian said...

With the fortune I spend every month on TV, that should be a blessing

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

I missed quotes such as "Does this effectively hide my thunder"??? God, this is why I need cable and tivo.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger RoarSavage said...

I end up spending a fortune at Blockbuster. VA, you should know by now, if they don't get 'ya on the front end, they getcha at the back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home