Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Stop the Metro!!! Brangelina to DC?

I remember reading some rumors on Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie buying a house in DC, probably in the Express or somewhere. Then, I read it again on the DCist today. Are people in DC really that starved for someone of note to move here (elected officials not withstanding)? Even Detroit, America's worst city (barely edging out Fresno, CA and Camden, NJ), has a fair amount of famous people that live there. Yet, here in DC, the press goes wild about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie buying their 123rd house where they spend an average of 2 days per year at each. People, let me fill you in on a little secret: you will not run into Brangelina EVER. You won't see them taking test tube shots at Rhino Bar. You won't see them bowling at Lucky Strike. You won't see them out to dinner at your local Checkers. Even if they do go out, you can rest assured it'll close whatever place down as a private party. Seriously, we're not dealing with your average celebs here. We're talking about the first phase of the CIA's classified "Master Race Program", commonly referred to, now that it was been exposed by the liberal bombthrowers, by Scott McClennan as the "Terrorist Fighter Breeding Program". Not to crush the stargazers hopes but... well yeah, I am crushing your hopes. I guess this will raise DC's resident attractiveness rankings from the depths it was at last year, making us ALL winners.

4 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

So are you saying it's wrong of me that I've been imagining Brad and I becoming best running buddies after we meet (totally by accident) while each of us were jogging on the Mall?

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger The Virginian said...

I'll come clean and admit that I imagined Angelina and I becoming best running buddies ALSO, right after we met while jogging the GW Parkway. I wrote the blog entry to try and wean myself off of that hope.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger RoarSavage said...

You two are hillarious. Of all the fantasies: Running buddy. Still, I hope Ange drops by my yoga class, hehe.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

Oh Roar, that would be even better! I could have Angie in yoga instead of George Stephanopolous. And of course, we'd become such bendy friends!

But of coruse I'd still be best running buddies with Brad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home