Thursday, February 02, 2006

Time to Freedom Fight


On an unrelated note, I read this tasty nugget in the paper today about GW Bush's comments regarding his SOTU speech last night:

Bush dismissed the idea of increasing fuel efficiency standards for cars, trucks and SUVs as a way of curbing foreign oil dependence. “My plan is to diversify away from oil. ... You're asking questions about how you deal with cars running on gasoline made from oil, I'm telling you let's get some cars running on fuel other than oil."

I mean, really, how stupid is it to just mandate more fuel efficient vehicles. Not when we are on the brink of using switchgrass as a fuel that is widely distributed and available for all to use (and when all of the 250 million or so cars in the US are able to take a 100% ethanol fuel). I mean, with all the offroading that DC area SUV drivers do on a regular basis, it would be downright nutty to put fuel efficient engines into the latest Yukon. How would I even survive without 350 horses under the hood of my oversized SUV?! So honestly, let's not worry about fuel efficiency. I think I read that the economy is about to be 100% converted over to ethanol in a matter of weeks, if not days. I think it was in Newsweek. Or perhaps US News and World Report.

Note to George Bush: There's no better way to beat the terrorists than to stop buying oil from them. That would really stick it to them. Turn the tables. Beat the terrorists with economic terrorism (sorry, I mean insurgency; or freedom fighting).

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger RoarSavage said...

Why can't we do both? Like, put the fuel efficient engine in the Yukon, tell me where to get the 100% ethanol for my Escape (yes, I have one) and then help start up some grassweed company so they can have pumps everywhere, too. This seems like a no-brainer. My Bubba is smarter than Dubya.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger The Virginian said...

I'd love nothing more than to be able to drive an ethanol car or Yukon or Hummer or Delorean. I need to start up my own switchgrass company/refinery.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger RoarSavage said...

You start it, babe, and I'll invest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home