Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Totally Wrong On That One

I'm in shock. The DC council, LED by Marion Barry (Mayor for Life) actually approved a stadium deal. Looks like I wrote that long rant about Marion for nothing. So, on behalf of the Metro DC Sewer team, I profoundly apologize to the charismatic and #1 role model, Ward 8 Councilman, Marion Barry. As a token of my regret, I will add a more respectable picture of you to this post. Additionally, I have now upgraded you from "Would kick you in the groin if I ever met you" to "Will make fun of you behind your back but act politely to your face." I also plan on not cracking jokes about you until you hit the headlines again for an embarassing and sad character flaw. Wait... that happens tomorrow when you get sentenced for not paying taxes on the half a million dollars you earned post-mayoral term. So Marion, enjoy the 12-20 hours of freedom from ridicule from me. I'll be ready tomorrow to crack some more "Bitch set me up" jokes. Thank you Marion for allowing me hopefully many seasons of watching such superstars as Brian Lawrence, Royce Clayton and Robert Fick in their exciting pursuit of 4th place.

NEWSFLASH - Dateline Washington - Marion's trial has been postponed for a month due to him not turning in his tax payment paperwork until today, the day before his sentencing.

NEWSFLASH - Dateline Arlington, VA - Blogger not sure if he has enough self control to refrain from telling Marion Barry related jokes for a month.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger RoarSavage said...

...We'll see about your "self control." Glad we get baseball, though. And hopefully the beer will be under $5 so I can go watch.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger The Virginian said...

I'm actually not sure if it's under 5 bucks. If I remember correctly, Bud Light is 5 bucks on the mark. But you get the glory of drinking it out of a plastic bottle.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger RoarSavage said...

....ick. Though perhaps worth a shot, hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home