Sunday, March 26, 2006

Masonitis

I have to say I am excited about George Mason basketball. I did not attend George Mason, but it's hard to not get caught up in the hoopla. After seeing a local sports bar overrun with Mason fans, I can't help but wonder if all of these alums even attended a game while they went to school, but still, it's the DC areas 4th or 5th most popular college team in the FINAL FOUR. I used to live in Fairfax, and while I was out there, I attended a few GMU games just because it was local and cheap. It was exciting, but seemed similar to my high school games due to the lackluster attendance. Seeing as how my credit card billing address is still in Fairfax, VA I guess I could claim George Mason as my own. But that would be lame. So I'll just go along with the other 8 million DC area fans that have jumped on the Patriots bandwagon, but I'll freely admit that I am a bandwagon jumper. On a side note, I've faithfully read Jim Larranaga's column in the DC Examiner every week. It's great that there are still coaches that are in touch with their fans and their team, and it has been great following the team through his column and I look forward to his season wrap-up at the end of the tournament. I remember reading his column right before their Bracket Busters game against Wichita State, and thought that that game was going to be like their championship game. I guess I was a little off, although I did pick them to win their 1st round game in my bracket. Not seen for quite a while around here since Maryland won the title. And god knows none of my Southern Californian teams will be in this position for quite a while (fUCLA is NOT one of my teams). So I'll enjoy it, and I'll be pulling for them against Florida.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

Heh. Masonitis actualy sounds like a real disease.

I did go to Mason, and basketball at that time was a joke and did very much feel like high-school (or even worse)...but damn am I fired up about it now. Maybe people outside of the VA area will actually know where I went to school now :\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home