Monday, April 10, 2006

DNA Shows Duke Lacrosse Team is Innocent of Rape

I am seriously shocked that the allegations against the Duke lacrosse team are not being supported by DNA evidence that came out today. On one hand, I guess this sheds some light on how the he said/she said arguments are tough to evaluate. On the other, it totally reeked of a group trying to protect each other by lying. But I'm not too man to admit when I'm wrong. And I was totally wrong. The real bright spot of this new news is that we won't have to hear about 4th tier sports like lacrosse in the headlines anymore. Hello lacrosse, welcome back to page 7 of the Podunk Daily sports page. I feel like half the reason this is in the headlines is only because the Duke name is coming along with "lacrosse" which, as I've stated in a previous post, only about 2% of America cares about.

I guess the real question now is what were these strippers' motivations? I heard the speculation that it was to start up some racial strife in Durham. But why? How does some stripper gain from that? My other thought is that that party wasn't only attended by Duke lacrosse players. Most sports players have friends that they invite to stuff like this, and I found it a little hard to believe that this party was 100% Duke lacrosse players. I guess we'll have to wait to find out, if we find out. I'm also looking forward to seeing these pictures that the defense says are coming out to further exonerate the players.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I wouldn't necessarily say she had "motivations" at all...

You're right, maybe it was other guys at the party...not necessarily the lacrosse team. Could have been anybody I guess now.

Still doesn't detract from the fact that a gang rape and assault occured.

BTW I briefly postedabout it here.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Bigun1 said...

Marx was right, history repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. Obviously this is the Scottsboro boys II.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger The Virginian said...

Asian Mistress: I strongly believed that a rape had happened. But now I don't know. I'm one to trust scientific evidence over hearsay. I will say I hope that these photos that come out show non-lax team people at this party. Supposedly, these photos are supposed to show that the stripper showed up to the house with evidence of abuse already. There's so many possibilities of what might have happened at this point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home