Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dilemma Time

As I last posted, I am in the midst of a job change. I have been presented with two job offers that I need to respond to in the next couple days. I am putting this out to the loyal fans of the Metro DC Sewer. Which one should I take?

The Facts:

Job #1: offered the most money by a large margin (like $15K more), is a job that has less job security, seemed to me to be boring, middle level defense contractor, the pay is a huge raise but the actual work is essentially a demotion (weird dichotomy), no chance at bonuses or other means of raising my income, work a regular 40 hour week

Job #2: offered less money but still substantially more than the Government pays me, at an elite defense contractor, real chance for career growth, bonuses (large I've heard, like 10's of thousands of dollars), performance review/raise in 6 months, work that will be challenging but will probably require some long hours every so often

So it is essentially Job #1's superior pay versus Job #2's superior work/work environment. What should I do?! I've been puzzling over this the last two days. I am leaning towards Job #2, but that money is really enticing.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

I think you just really wnat people to encourage you to do the Job#2 thing so you'll feel better about giving up the cash.

Do it.

Job #2 sounds amazing.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger The Virginian said...

It's hard to say no to more money, but I am definitely leaning to #2.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger bettyjoan said...

Job #2. First of all, money does NOT equal job satisfaction. Second, Job #2 sounds like it has some upward mobility, which should (theoretically) mean more money in the longrun. Job #2 is more of an investment, but it sounds like a good one.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger neru2 said...

We pride ourselves in selling Luxury Duplex Condo condo philadelphia. Unique OFFER of condo philadelphia that cannot be found in the web.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger 伊凡姐姐 said...

酒店兼職

酒店

酒店工作

禮服酒店

酒店兼差


酒店打工

酒店經紀

酒店上班

台北酒店



酒店pt

兼差打工

打工兼差

酒店正職 酒店賺錢 酒店喝酒 酒店消費 喝花酒 粉味 喝酒

 

Post a Comment

<< Home